A big thankyou to everyone who came to this new event, this festival for the mind for all those interested in re-discovering the secrets of the ancient past.* We are hoping to run this event next year as a 'conference under canvas', to take place again in the 60' giant yurt and geodesic domes on Holly Hills, an unspoilt rural spot in coastal Suffolk. We hope for an equally fascinating weekend in 2014 of talks, workshops, music and entertainment - as well as another great opportunity to exchange views in friendly like-minded company while enjoying locally sourced freshly-cooked food. (We will post news on the website about next year just as soon as we can. In the meantime, we have left the website up so that you can get a flavour of what we propose.)
In 2012 we invited a wide range of experts in different fields to share their findings with us:
- - David Rohl (Egyptologist) and others, including Brien Foerster who discussed his latest research from Peru and elsewhere in South America; Gary Biltcliffe on Etruscans and Marylyn Whaymand on ancient Crete
- - Yannick van Doorne from Belgium, and Jane Cobbald from Implementations. Andy Gough on bees
- - Bob Harris (eco-builder) and Nick Marchmont discussed an approach to building techniques, sacred geometry and the importance of geodesy. Raymond Catchpole, chairman of the Feng Shui society, compared feng shui with vastu, the Hindu version
- - Peter Gandy (Tim Freke's co-author) spoke on ancient spiritual traditions; Graeme Tobyn on horary; Maria Wheatley would have talked about Tarot. Anthony Thorley did talk on ancient calendars and Gregory Sams on ideas about the Sun; James North on the Hermetica and the Renaissance
- - John Stuart Reid (cymatics and the acoustics of the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid); Tim Wheater (musical sound); Nick Franks on Radionics; Harry Oldfield on the' Invisible Universe'
- - Dale Pond (Sympathetic Vibratory Physics - John Keely's Sacred Science)
and John Byde talked about Tesla and Schauberger
Price - £75 for whole weekend (basic free camping or a choice of local accommodation)
nb Price = not include food. See Tickets page for more details.